Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pinstripping and Mama's Art Show

In the flurry of life, I failed to post the notice here of a LA Street Productions annual art showing at Mama's Hot Tamales. I wasn't sure that I'd be able to include any works in the show - but ended up finishing up a couple that had been sitting on the sidelines for awhile. As always, a show is a great excuse to get to work!
The show went great with a good turnout enjoying our groups art and the great tamales out of Mama's kitchen (I need to add that I'm very partial to their Horchata, Mexican Mochas, and Cafe Cubanos...if you're there, check one of these drinks out!) The show will continue to be up through the end of May at least.
With my dive into car culture now driving my 55' Studebaker, I picked up the pinstripping brush again for some practice. This time I had a good excuse to have fun with a little work hidden inside my gas tank door while I was changing out the gas tank hose. Still practicing, but I was very pleased with my finished work!

Having just moved houses, I'm excited to have a bit more space to do art in...stay tuned for more upcoming peices!

No comments: