Friday, March 28, 2008

#2

It's difficult, as always, finding time to work on art. Of course, with the deadline of a Street Productions show coming up - there's extra motivation. We'll be having an opening at Tribal Cafe on April 7th (more info to come). But for now...here's the bit of progress I've made. First, I believe that this will be the canvas/background for the piece (note: the light is bad in this photo, it's actually black/white). I originally painted this probably 4 months ago and its been affixed to my kitchen wall since then - I kind of like it. My familiarity with it makes me somewhat hesitant to add anything else. But I found it in me to begin by sketching in a bit of an intersection in white chalk (the tree will be the big piece of white to the left).Next are two studies I did on small pieces of paper on how the tree might come out looking. I kind of like both of them, but they have quite different looks. I'm going to do one more before deciding (maybe tonight if I get home soon enough). I want the tree to look strong and whimsical at the same time...so we'll see.-km

No comments: